After my visit to the National Gallery when I returned to London, I had several paintings for consideration for my styling project. I'm sure I'm even forgetting some, there were just too many incredible works of art to chose from.
My first choice would have to be
Aprés la Faute (After the Misdeed) by John Béraud, I absolutely fell in love with this painting, I adore the way the rick colours are used and how they so strongly convey the emotion of the portrait. Also, I love 19th century painting, so that doesn't hurt!
 |
| Aprés la Faute (After the Misdeed) by John Béraud |
A close second would have to be
Gertrude Elizabeth (Blood) by Lady Collin Campbell, again it's another 19th century portrait and I am in love with it!
 |
| Gertrude Elizabeth (Blood) by Lady Collin Campbell |
|
|
|
More options:
 |
| The Two Friends by Tolouse Lautrec |
 |
| Lady Jane Grey by Delaroche |
|
 |
| Head of a Woman by Degas |
 |
Salome by Cesare da Sesto
|
No comments:
Post a Comment